Isn’t it always fun hearing new and interesting facts about something you never knew before? Well get ready to have some fun because we are giving you 15 fun facts about Massage Therapy that you probably never knew!
- For the very first time massage therapy was officially offered as a medical service in the 1966 Olympics.
- Massage is the oldest form of health care; we can see paintings of massage being performed in Egyptian tombs in the form of hieroglyphics.
- The lifestyle of many Americans today pretty much guarantees that most people will or have some sort of lower back pain.
- The biggest Group Therapy session ever consisted of 1000 therapists gathered in Indonesia to massage 1000 people for 15 minutes.
- Endorphins are released during a massage which act as natural pain killers to the body.
- Only the blind or visual impaired can practice massage in Korea.
- The word massage was used for the very first time in England during the 15th
- Our sense of touch is the first feeling to develop in the human body and the last to disappear.
- A 60-minute massage is the same as getting 7-8 hours of good sleep.
- In the 1984 Olympics, massage therapy on athletes was first televised.
- Massage is being used on children in the U.K. to decrease stress hormones and improve sleeping habits.
- There are approximately 5 million touch receptors in our skin and 3000 in one of our fingertips.
- After the first trimester, you can receive a massage right up until you give birth
- The skin is the bodies largest organ.
- Julius Caesar used Massage to help manage his epilepsy symptoms.
We hope you had fun reading our 15 fun facts because we sure had a BLAST sharing them with you!
For more great massage & spa fun stay tuned for our next entry!